Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Product advice for thick hair - smoothing shampoo/conditioner makes me break out?

I'm a 24 year old with very thick and healthy hair. I usually end up wearing it up because there's just so much of it.





My friend is a manager at a salon, so she introduced me to the Paul Mitchell super skinny stuff a couple years ago. I bought the smoothing shampoo and conditioner, and I use the smoothing serum, too. That was the best thing I had ever discovered!





Problem is, I react to it. I've tried different brands of smoothing shampoos and conditioners, from Salon-brands like Mitchell and Matrix to store brands like Pantene Pro-V, and I get the same reaction- pimple-like breakouts on my hairline, neck or shoulders.





Recently, I've been using a very basic shampoo and just the skinny serum to eliminate the breakouts and try something new, but now my hair is drying out.





I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas of why I might be breaking out (I wash the shampoo/conditioner out completely, so it's not that), any styling ideas, and if you have any product or usage suggestions.





Thanks!Product advice for thick hair - smoothing shampoo/conditioner makes me break out?
I'm wondering if the Super Skinny line is hydrating your hair to the point that its too much oil for your skin... Try not to shampoo every day, try every other day to 2days. I also suggest switching shampoos every once in a while. Another good product line is Biolage... I'm not found of the smoothing line but I do like the hydrating... I also use Super Skinny serum and I love it! Good choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment