Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Permanent hair colour faded after 2 weeks, Colour lock-in shampoo/conditioner makes hair heavy and lifeless?

I've got dark blonde hair, which is very fine. I coloured it with Garnier Belle Colour Natural Dark Brown Permanent about 2 weeks ago. Normally I use Pantene shampoo/conditioner for thin/fine hair which does a great job but because the colour was fading I switched to Sunsilk Colour and Shine shampoo/conditioner in a hope to lock-in the remaining colour. However, it's made my hair dull, lifeless and even greasy looking. Can anyone help with suggestions for the following:


1. A hair colour brand that doesn't fade so quickly


2. A shampoo/conditioner that locks in colour without making it so dull/greasy looking


Or should I just go back to my regular shampoo/conditioner?





Any suggestions / advice would be greatly appreciated.


Thanks in advance.Permanent hair colour faded after 2 weeks, Colour lock-in shampoo/conditioner makes hair heavy and lifeless?
I use Clairol's Nice and Easy and have done for 15 years now. I too have fine hair, but over the last couple of years it has thickened (maybe due to the new conditioner included in the box). As I have very long hair, I need 2 boxes, but get extra conditioner.


My hair hasn't faded or gone ';brassy';, is in fantastic condition ( I use TRESemme shampoo and conditioner for strawlike hair so I get the extra boost needed).


I do get a lot of compliments about my crowning glory!Permanent hair colour faded after 2 weeks, Colour lock-in shampoo/conditioner makes hair heavy and lifeless?
I had the same problem with my color so I went to Sally's Beauty Supplies and I now use a color enhancing shampoo by Clairol and it brightens up your color between colorings. It's in a purple bottle, I use it twice a week and use Pantene volume the other days.


Try the shampoo I think you will like it.
When shampooing, you should use something without sulfates like Pureology, or Pravana. Sulfates strip color. The first two can only be bought at salons, but they work and they even have formulas for fine hair. Also, they're both concentrated, so even though they cost more, they're worth it.





As far as a haircolor that doesn't fade, if you keep putting permanent color all over your hair, that's your problem. The peroxide keeps opening the outer cuticle of your hair, making it more porous (think of a sponge with too many holes in it), and that's why you're losing color. Just do the permanent at your roots and use a semi-permanent matching color on your ends. Some people just run the color on their ends at the last five or ten minutes and that's usually okay. But if that still makes it fade, you're better off going with a semi-permanent on your ends since you're just depositing color at this point.





It's hard to make a judgement online, but it can also have to do with the condition of your hair. You might want to get a series of deep conditioning treatments to even out the porosity of your hair too. The healthier your hair is, the better it'll hold color.
pantene or aussi
1. wella color charm permanent colour (professional) then roux fanci-full for in between touch-ups


2. wella SP shampoo and conditioner
d

No comments:

Post a Comment