Wednesday, December 30, 2009

HELP! i have natural hair and i started using giovanni shampoo&conditioner and it worked great but then...?

then i put raw and unrefined coconut oil and jojoba oil together and put them in my hair after i put the giovanni leave in conditioner in my hair and i put a satin shower cap over my hair and when i checked back on my hair it was very dry, very hard, very stiff and it was all stuck togethter- WHY DID MY HAIR DRY OUT?? WHEN I WASHED IT ALL OUT AFTER I SAW HOW DRY IT WAS I PUT IN JUST THE LEAVE IN GIOVANNI CONDITIONER AND MY HAIR STAYED MOISTURIZED BUT WHEN I ADD THE COCONUT OIL AND JOJOBA OIL IT DRIES OUT MY HAIR SO IS IT THOSE NATURAL OILS THAT DRIED OUT MY HAIR????-i am a woman of color with curly coarse hair-thx for all advice in advance :)-HELP! i have natural hair and i started using giovanni shampoo%26amp;conditioner and it worked great but then...?
I learnt this from my textiles class teacher.





All hair, animal and human, are made up of little pores. Animal hair pores are shorter. Human hair pores are further apart. However people with curly hair have more hair pores put together... Do you know what felt-fabric is? It's made by putting lots of hair together wet and hot, then squeezing it cold and dry.





Hair pores then LOCK together, creating the felt-fabric which is tough and hard to break and undo.


Hot water opens pores.


Cold water closes pores.





What you just did sounds like that... you washed your hair, clumped it together and let it dry, then tried to rinse it out.





You should NOT put a shower cap over your hair.





Follow these steps PRECISELY. Do not put anything in a shower cap. Stay in the shower, keep your hair wet smooth and long.


1) First, shampoo your hair.


2) Rinse.


3) Use conditioner/jojoba oil


4) Leave in for a few minutes


5) Rinse


6) Use leave in conditioner


7) leave in for a few minutes


8) Rinse with cold water.

No comments:

Post a Comment