Tuesday, December 22, 2009

FINE HAIR: I NEED A SHAMPOO/CONDITIONER THAT WILL WORK LONG TERM?

I am at my wits end! Products will work wonderfully on my hair for a few weeks, or a month, and suddenly turn all grody, waxy, overly dry like straw, or oily. It sucks!


I've used cheap and expensive brands. Nothing works long term. I am sick of wasting money switching around to different products, trying to find something I like.


Here is a list of what I've used already:





Pureology Hydrate (I did like this, but too expensive)


Enjoy (for normal hair, and the moisturizing one)


Herbal Essence (DOES NOT work on my hair)


Pantene Pro-V (I like it but it makes my hair waxy and dry over time)


Coloure (didn't work)


Bumble and Bumble (leaves my hair waxy)


Sheer Blonde by John Frieda


Joico





Please help!!!!!


Thanks :)


ps - I highlight my hair, so it's a bit damaged, but not horribly. It's very fine, but thick. And I'm blonde (not a redhead like my current avatar)FINE HAIR: I NEED A SHAMPOO/CONDITIONER THAT WILL WORK LONG TERM?
I really don't understand that. I've never experienced such a thing. It is quite illogical. Your hair or skin does not care one way or the other what you are using, as long as you are keeping the hair and skin clean.





I believe you are doing something improperly. If you are getting a build-up of product, then you are not following directions. Or you are using some really bad products. I have to say, from looking at the drugstore shelf, almost anything you use is going to be bad. Most products contain waxes and oils that do build up since you are not shampooing correctly, and you are using improper products.





I've used Redken products for over 20 years. I've never had a problem with any build-up or the hair getting greasy, or dry. I think it's time you used a quality product, and not the junk you have had. Look for Nexxus or Focus21, or even Redken.FINE HAIR: I NEED A SHAMPOO/CONDITIONER THAT WILL WORK LONG TERM?
Cost of a product has NO relation to how good it is. Never heard of pureology -- not sure what that is. Use only a small amount. Be sure you rinse out well. Use a finishing rinse to remove the build-up. Most people don't follow directions. Report Abuse

I dont like Aussie, but the Aussie 2 in 1 is really good. All others are not worth the money, but the 2in1 works well on me and my wife, and we are both particular to what we use.
sunsilk volume shampoo and conditioner works great if your looking got volume, i have thick hair and it was way too much for my type of hair

No comments:

Post a Comment