Sunday, December 27, 2009

Is this safe? what should I use for a moisturizing shampoo & conditioner without paying salon prices?

I want to get my hair highlighted before school starts and I found a beauty school that has an open salon where they do do highlighting. so one of my questions about this is is it safe to get permanent highlights at a beauty school where the people doing your hair are the students? and then my other question is is it safe to highlight your hair and then straighten it every other day durring the school week?





my other question is what would be a good moisturizing shampoo %26amp; conditioner to use because I know that unless I find something good my hair won't look all that pretty and then all my hard work would be wasted. but I need something that you can pick up at any store because I can't afford to pay salon prices





please and thank you :)Is this safe? what should I use for a moisturizing shampoo %26amp; conditioner without paying salon prices?
Yes, beauty schools are safe. They don't just let students loose without knowing what they are doing. Heat is really bad for your hair and should be avoided at all costs, and combining bleach and heat are not smart, but it's your head. Shampoo molecules go into the hair shaft, attach themselves to dirt and oil, and wash out. So shampoo cleans hair, that is all that it can do, so shampoo cannot moisturize. No drugstore conditioner is going to give you moisture either, sorry. Drugstore shampoos and conditioners are cheap for a reason. They are full of harsh chemicals that strip color and natural oils from your hair and cause damage. They are also full of wax the coats the outside of the hair shaft. But out of these Pantene is the absolute worst and Suave is next. If you must use a drugstore brand use Aussie. They use natural ingredients instead of all the chemicals and wax. So if you can get an Aussie shampoo and a salon quality conditioner.

No comments:

Post a Comment